Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bobs?

I found these today:


I was walking through DSW, wearing my Toms- I saw these.. from afar I thought they were carrying Toms too- which would've been awesome. I was WRONG. They were sketchers rip off of them. Needless to say- I was appalled. It wouldn't be such a bad thing if they looked different, the fact that they are EXACTLY like Toms.. makes it almost.. insulting. I mean- the idea behind the whole idea of them is great.. but there was no creativity on sketchers part. ALSO they were only like a couple dollars less than Toms... I mean- why wouldn't you just buy Toms.. they are clearly better. In my opinion of course. I was reading about them online (I don't think sketchers sells them anymore, they aren't on their website..), when I was reading, I came across this:

"Skechers intends to donate not one but two pairs of shoes to needy children (through a charity called Soles4Souls) for each pair of $42 Bobs it sells, Clay says."

Umm. What is that about? Trying to one up Toms by giving more shoes. I don't know- I guess as a Toms owner, I just felt offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment